I have been recently very inspired by the power of words. The power of the things that we speak. (My next task will be thoughts…) I’m happy to share some beautiful quotes from Joyofquotes.com to help anyone else who is on a journey to speak and think more positively. Enjoy!
Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sayings remain meaningless until they are embodied in habits.
There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I’m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.
The power of the word is real whether or not you are conscious of it.
Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience.
Words are a form of action, capable of influencing change.
To be happy, drop the words ‘if only’ and substitute instead the words ‘next time’.
I have learned to use the word impossible with the greatest caution.
Wernher von Braun
As I focus a bit more on speaking positively, and thinking positively, I think about the importance of good friends and healthy relationships. Here are some beautiful quotes about friendship. I hope you enjoy!:
- “Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies” [Aristotle]
- “Friendship makes prosperity more brilliant, and lightens adversity by dividing and sharing it” [Cicero De Amicitia]
- “Friendship admits of difference of character, as love does that of sex” [Joseph Roux Meditations of a Parish Priest]
- A new friend is like new wine; you do not enjoy drinking it until it has matured —Ben Sira
- A new friend is a new wine —The Holy Bible/Apocrypha
- Without a friend the world is a wilderness —John Ray’s Proverbs
- An acquaintanceship, if all goes well, can linger in the memory like an appealing chord of music, while a friendship, or even a friendship that deteriorates into an enemyship, so to put it, is like a whole symphony, even if the music is frequently unacceptable, broken, loud, and in other ways painful to hear —William Saroyan
- Became like old friends, the kind who can’t leave each other on deathbeds —Thomas McGuane
- Early friends drop out, like milk teeth —Graham Greene
- Friendship ought to be a gratuitous joy, like the joys recorded by art or life —Simone Weil
- Friendship … should, like a well-stocked cellar, be … continually renewed —Samuel Johnson
- A friendship that like love is warm; a love like friendship steady —Thomas Moore
- He who helps a friend in woe is like a fur coat in the snow —Russian proverb
- I keep my friends as misers do their treasure —Pietro Aretino