So excited to announce that Just Beneath the Surface: Landon’s story, will be available this month. This is a soft release, which will officially begin November, 27, 2013!
To celebrate, I will share lots of character/book facts, excerpts, and more, (almost) daily leading up to the soft release date.
Are you ready for 27 “Landon’s Story” character facts?
Ready? Set? GOOooooo!
1. Landon’s name was originally James, then Quincy, then Quinton, then James.
Landon just seemed to fit.
2. Landon graduated high school at sixteen years old.
3. Seven, another main character in the novel, was kicked out of cosmetology school for fighting.
4. Seven has been arrested.
5. Landon’s sexuality is questioned multiple times.
6. Landon’s speaking voice, in my mind, is a lot like Evan Ross (son of Dianna Ross).
7. Seven, in my mind, sort of resembles Eartha Kitt.
8. Despite her temper, attitude, and lack of self-control, Seven is quite selfless and giving.
9. One of Seven’s best friends is named Maurice.
10. Landon runs early each morning.
11. Seven’s personal style, even the way she wears her makeup, changes when she is angry.
12. The olive branch is an important symbol in the book.
13. The owl is also an important symbol in the book.
Stop by tomorrow for a few more facts!
In Just Beneath the Surface II, new characters confront what has been buried and laid to rest – or so they thought.
Landon, a mysterious engineering student has learned to treat his past as though it belongs to someone else. He has learned to control every thought that enters his mind: everything from his memories, to his smile, to the tone of his voice. Anyone who believes that they have begun to understand Landon is sadly mistaken. He is a man impenetrable.
His own brother, Peter, refers to Landon as a robot. Landon’s mother fears that he will soon self-destruct. Landon only wishes that everyone around him would accept and understand one thing; Landon has unlocked what he considers his most prized possession: the gift of control.
Seven is a peculiar beauty whose temper, harsh tongue and violent tendencies often get her into trouble. After meeting Landon, Seven finds her way into unchartered territory: his heart. Soon, Seven’s perception of herself is challenged. She is frequently urged to step away and reevaluate herself, as the handsome young man who is wise beyond his years gently coaches her into finding her best self.
As secrets are revealed, and an unspoken bond is formed, Landon and Seven grow to be inseparable.
Before long, the horrors of the past bring Landon full circle. As his soft stoic surface faces intrusion, his old self is relinquished to paranoia. In time, Landon’s world is threatened by the recurring nightmare he thought he had left behind.