Just Beneath the Surface I and Into the Atmosphere are now available in print!
(Although Into the Atmosphere is available, it will not be sold online). For details, feel free to
contact me at ari.r.james at gmail.com!
Into the Atmosphere is a book about letting go: releasing our fears, doubts, pain and scars into the atmosphere.
Moving forward means letting go and handing our burdens over to God. Releasing our hurt is much easier said than done; this book is the first step toward identifying, releasing and moving forward.
Here are 7 facts about a few of the characters for this 7th day of March:
1. When her mother is distracted, Diamond, one of the main characters, will find herself in a dangerous relationship.
2. The ending has been considered quite suspenseful, and death will come to one of the characters
3. Kendall finds herself questioning the strong-willed woman she once was; she doubts herself as a wife and mother.
4. Diamond’s high school experience becomes very complicated, filled with vicious gossip.
5. Diamond’s younger brother grapples with feelings of hatred toward his sister and resentment toward his parents.
6. Kendall finds that everything she once believed about domestic violence is a myth — it could happen to anyone.
7. Diamond asks: “Is any attention better than no attention at all?”
When Kendall Berkely takes a look in the mirror, she not only desperately wants to run away from the stranger staring back at her; but she also knows that her days are numbered. She can feel it in her bones, and has the bruises to prove it. To make matters worse, Kendall will soon discover that her seventeen year old daughter, Diamond is on a path nearly just as dangerous.
After the demise of the family unit she once knew, a distracted mother, and being forced to accept a new stepfather, Diamond finds herself knee deep in a multitude of mistakes. When Diamond finds herself more lonely than ever before she crosses paths with Bobby Lidell; a teacher’s aide with a dark side. Just as Diamond realizes that she is in over her head, her mother and father have already been notified, and will do everything in their power to protect her.
But what is lurking in the shadows will not stop until a vow has been kept; what is lurking just beneath the surface will come seeking revenge.